RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

88-0 No Doubt Even Embarrassed Ol' Thomas Jefferson Himself


My son drove his family to Council Bluffs last night, and kept me updated via his cell phone and mine with how Valley's football team was
Thomas Jefferson
doing in its game against Thomas Jefferson High School of Council Bluffs. I couldn't believe it when he said the Tigers were ahead, 67-0, at halftime. And I was virtually speechless when I heard that the final score was 88-0. Hey, that was an embarrassment to even old Thomas Jefferson himself. Or at least the memory of ol' Thomas. Eighty-eight to zip! I'm wondering if it isn't time for those folks at the Council Bluffs schools to quit kidding themselves into thinking their athletic teams can compete against the squads from suburban Des Moines. Indeed, I'm wondering how long the schools from Des Moines will want to keep playing the Dowlings, Valleys, Waukees, Johnstons, Urbandales and Southeast Polks of the world. Frankly, Hoover, North, Roosevelt and East can no longer hang in there on the football field with the heavily-populated suburbs in sports and a lot of other things. I wonder what Thomas Jefferson would think about all of this. Thomas Jefferson, the man. Not the school.