RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Tough Day

By RON MALY

I'm a bit concerned about My Neighbor Al, the Health Nut.

I haven't seen him all day.

I invited him over for a cup of Italian Dark Roast, but he said he wasn't feeling well.

Al not feeling well is like Trump saying something nice.

It happens once every 6 months.

"Take another of your multi-vitamins," I said.

"I ran out," he told me. "This NCAA basketball tournament has been tough on me."

Al is, of course, a strong Northern Iowa sports fan.

He's in mourning because of the Panthers' heartbreaking loss last night to Texas A&M in The Big Dance.

The one in which UNI blew a 12-point lead in the final 44 seconds of regulation time, I mean.

"It's going to take me a while to get over this," Al said.

"I sympathize with you," I told him. "The Italian Dark Roast will be ready when you are."