RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Gene Raffensperger's Journal


In one of the many conversations I had with Gene Raffensperger over the years, he told me about a personal writing project he began during his working years.
He said he wrote something every day in a journal.
It could have been about something he did, something that had been done to him, something he wished he’d have done, something he wished he hadn’t done. Maybe something else.
He told me people had asked if he planned to publish what he wrote.
“I told them no, I don’t have any plans to publish what I write,” Raff told me. “I just want my family to read it sometime.”
Raff, who was a wonderful writer and had an outstanding newspaper career, died last Tuesday in Cedar Falls at the age of 89.
Hopefully, Raff’s family now has the journal and is enjoying what he wrote.