RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, May 27, 2013

In recent years, I have set--or at least tied--the modern-day record for not watching any of the early rounds of the NBA playoffs. However, I weakened last night when I noticed on the TV screen that the first half of the Miami-Indiana game was being televised. So I turned on the game for a minute or two, hoping the Pacers were winning. They weren't. They were being skunked by the Heat. Indeed, the Heat scored a whopping 70 points in the first half. All of today's basketball players wear tattoos, but I noticed that one idiot from the Heat not only had a body full of tattoos, but also a very strange haircut. It was someone named Chris Andersen, who is a 6-10 player nicknamed "Birdman." After watching him for a few seconds, I decided I had more important things to do, like cleaning the garage. The Heat won Sunday's game, 114-96, which came as no surprise. The Birdman is now 13-for-13 on field goals against the Pacers in the series, and is 16-for-his-last-16 in the playoffs. Still, I have no plans to watch the next playoff game. I've got yard-work to do.

Birdman. Photo courtesy of Google