RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

I think I've seen everything now. I read very few newspaper stories these days, and now I know why. I like to read the website version of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, especially on a rare day when the Chicago Cubs win and the St. Louis Cardinals lose. So I called up the Post-Dispatch's web page tonight and read this headline: "Happy Birthday, Jamie Garcia." Garcia is a Cardinals pitcher. I can't say that I have ever read a so-called metropolitan paper that sent birthday greetings to a pitcher for the hometown professional team. But then I recalled that the Post-Dispatch is famous for the cheerleading it does when it comes to the Cardinals. I plan to start researching who it was in the sports department of the Post-Dispatch that wished Garcia a happy birthday. Until I find out for sure, I'm pinning the blame on sports columnist Bernie Miklasz, a clown who is the most ridiculous Cardinals cheerleader on the Post-Dispatch staff.

Bernie Miklasz