• Sophomore Cara Lutes (Maplewood, Minn.) scored a career-high 19 points against No. 24 Iowa State in just 17 minutes Tuesday night.
• Junior forward Morgan Reid (Kansas City, Mo.) is averaging 10 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
• Redshirt sophomore Carly Grenfell (York, Neb.) is shooting a blistering 61 percent from behind the arc (11-of-18) this year.
• Going into the Iowa State game, Grenfell was tied for the eighth best three-point percentage in the nation.
• Drake is 2-1 all-time against Chicago State.
• The Bulldogs have ten first or second-year student-athletes on the 2012-13 roster.
• Sunday’s game will be the first of three at home for the Bulldogs in the month of December. Drake will also play three road contests this month.
CHICAGO STATE QUICKLY
• The Cougars are members of the Great West Conference.
• Chicago State is located in Chicago, Ill. and has an enrollment of 6,882.
• The Cougars finished 6-24 overall and 4-6 in the Great West in 2011-12.
• Chicago State returns two starters and seven letterwinner’s from last season. Five newcomers are on the team.
• Chicago State and Drake have four common opponents this season. The Cougars lost to Milwaukee, 82-58, in their opener and will play UNI, Indiana State and Southern Illinois.
DRAKE VS CHICAGO STATE
The game will be just the fourth between Drake and Chicago State. The Bulldogs hold a 2-1 advantage in the all-time series and won the last game, 82-60, at the Knapp Center on Nov.18, 2010.
[This story was written for Ron Maly by John Meyer of Drake's sports information staff].