RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I'll See You At a Football Game

By RON MALY

I'm going to refrain from using words like horrible and embarrassing to describe how the Chicago Cubs performed in the National League playoff series that ended tonight at Wrigley Field.  

I plan to shop tomorrow for a doctor who will delete the four games the Cubs lost to the New York Mets from my memory. 

Hopefully, it can be done without an IV or an injection that puts me to sleep. 

I'm thinking my Medicare insurance will take care of the costs.

The 2015 baseball season is over for me. 

I may spend a minute or two recalling the 97 games the Cubs won during the regular season and the 3-games-to-1 division victory they had over the Cardinals.  

Call or text me sometime during the winter to let me know how many games it took for the Royals to clobber the Mets in the World Series. 

Meanwhile, I'll see you at a football game.