RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Villanova Is My Team

By RON MALY

I know it can't happen, but I wish it would.

I'd like to see three of the four teams lose that are in tonight's semifinal round of the NCAA Final Four basketball event.

I'd like Villanova crowned as the champion.

Sooner rather than later.

If I could get the other three teams to lose, Villanova could hoist its national championship trophy tonight instead of waiting until Monday night.

Villanova is a university of 10,482 students [6,394 of them undergraduates] from suburban Philadelphia.

It's a Catholic school, and a priest sits on the bench during games.

The man of the cloth even participates in the postgame handshakes with opposing players and coaches.

The Catholic part of this and the priest on the bench aren't why I want Villanova to win.

I want Villanova to win because Oklahoma, the team it's playing in the first semifinal round game, has always been a big winner in major college events, and Syracuse and North Carolina [which play in the second game] are among The Official Cheaters In Division I Basketball.

Things are so bad at Syracuse that longtime coach Jim Boeheim was suspended for the first nine games of this season because of consistent  rule-breaking. 

I think Boeheim should have been fired.

Now I just want him out of the tournament.