RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Saturday, November 17, 2018

It Should Be a Heck Of a Game

It’s a cold, gray November day, so I’m indoors and spending a few minutes watching the Longhorn Network [channel 677 on DirecTV].
Texas football coach Tom Herman is holding his press conference] and heaping praise on Iowa State, which will be the Longhorns’ opponent at 7 p.m. Saturday in Austin, TX.
Herman is a former assistant coach at Iowa State [he was offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 2009-2011 when Paul Rhoads was his boss], so he knows the territory.
He is making Cyclone coach Matt Campbell seem like the already-legendary Nick Saban and he has Iowa State disguised as the 1972 Miami Dolphins, who had a 17-0 record and won the Super Bowl.
Herman says Iowa State is one of the best teams in the country, and he raved about Cyclone offensive stalwarts Brock Purdy and Hakeem Butler.
In fact, I saw and heard Herman speak in so many superlatives about Iowa State that I’m almost ready to put on the pads and suit up for Saturday’s game.
Just kidding, of course.
Now that I know I can get the Longhorn Network on my TV I’ll be keeping track of the running, passing, blocking and tackling that way.
It figures to be a heck of a game.