RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Steamrolled


I heard the score. I hoped it was wrong.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t.
I heard that Drake’s basketball team lost tonight’s game at Colorado.
Well, the Bulldogs didn’t just lose. They were steamrolled, 100-71.
I told someone I was going to write a sentence or two about the game on Facebook.
“It ain’t going to be pretty,” I said. “But neither was the game.
“This is what I’m wondering. Why did Drake even put a road game against a Pac-12 team like Colorado on its schedule in Darian DeVries’ first season as the coach?
“Who needs to get crushed by 29 points?”
Maybe some of those guys who are close to Drake’s program will have the answers at tomorrow’s coffee-and-free-pie session.