RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Perfect Timing

By RON MALY

Count me among the thousands [maybe the word should be millions] of people worldwide who are happy  Iowa has an improved football team this season and will be playing in a bowl

game. I've had my third book about the Hawkeyes on the market since late-summer, and it's selling very well. Obviously, a successful season on the field always helps book sales. When my publishers approached me during the ghastly 2012 season, and asked if I wanted to do a second update to my Tales from the Iowa Sidelines book, I didn't think the timing was right. My first took was published in 2003, and the first updated version hit the market in 2005. Both were best-sellers, which convinced my publishers that any book I wrote about Hawkeye football would also sell out.  However, during the 4-8 season in 2012, I told them I thought it would be a better idea to wait a year or two for another update. They thought otherwise. In a case like that, the publishers always win. And now Iowa is winning. So, with the Hawkeyes headed for a bowl and Christmas on the horizon, I'm confident sales of the book--retitled Tales from the Iowa Hawkeyes Sideline and available in bookstores everywhere, including Barnes & Noble, and on such web pages as Amazon, eBay and Barnes & Noble--will be very strong. My thanks to coach Kirk Ferentz and his Hawkeyes. Perfect timing for all of us. In the photo at the right, I'm in the Kinnick Stadium press box during the 2012 season finale against Nebraska.


 
The second updated edition of Ron Maly's best-selling book, Tales from the Iowa Hawkeyes Sideline, is now available at Amazon, www.amazon.com/Tales-Iowa-Hawkeyes-Sideline-Collection/dp/1613213387, Barnes & Noble.com, www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tales-from-the-iowa-hawkeyes-sideline-ron-maly/1115409291?ean=9781613213384,  eBay, www.ebay.com/ctg/Tales-Iowa-Hawkeyes-Sideline-Collection-Greatest-Hawkeyes-Stories-Ever-Told-Ron-Maly-2013-Hardcover-/150604712,  Barnes & Noble and other leading book stores everywhere. The book, originally published in 2003, chronicles the proud football tradition at the University of Iowa.  Ron had just as much fun writing the third edition of the book as he did the first two, both of which were best-sellers. You will enjoy reading about such high-profile Hawkeyes as 1939 Heisman Trophy winner Nile Kinnick, Alex Karras, Randy Duncan and Bill Reichardt, plus coaches Howard Jones, Dr. Eddie Anderson, Forest Evashevski, Hayden Fry and Kirk Ferentz. Questions? Contact Ron Maly on Facebook or at ronmalybook@juno.com