RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

It Was a Shame Notre Dame Lost


By RON MALY

I'm not much of a Notre Dame fan. 

Never have been. 


But I sure wanted the Fighting Irish to win that basketball game tonight against No. 1-ranked and unbeaten Kentucky in the NCAA tournament Elite Eight.  

I was rooting for the Fighting Irish the entire 40 minutes against the best collegiate team that money can buy. 

Mike Brey, a guy I always thought was a lightweight in the coaching business, and his Notre Dame players did a wonderful job in their courageous upset bid. 

It was a shame the Irish lost, 68-66.

A real shame. 

Now I'll have to hope Wisconsin sends Kentucky packing in the semifinal round of the Final Four at Indianapolis.

I've never been much of a Wisconsin fan either.

But I will be next Saturday.