RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Thanks, Rick

BY RON MALY

Thanks to Rick Brown for the kind words he wrote about me in his farewell sports column in the Des Moines Register
Rick Brown

I enjoyed working with Rick for many years at the paper. 

He is a first-class guy and an outstanding writer. 

The same was true of Bob Brown, Rick's late father.

I sat in many press boxes with Bob throughout  my working years.

Bob then was a standout sports editor at the Fort Dodge Messenger.

Even though Rick has accepted a buyout at the Register, I'm betting he's not finished writing about sports and the people who play them.

He's got a tremendous amount of excellent writing left in him.

I hope to continue reading whatever he writes, and I also hope our paths cross again soon.