RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Jiminy Christmas!

By RON MALY

As hard to believe as it seems, the basketball season is still going on. Basketball! Jiminy
Jiminy Cricket
Christmas [not to be confused with Jiminy Cricket of Pinocchio fame], it seems like it was a year ago or so that our teams were bowing out of the NCAA tournament. And it seems like a year or so ago that Fred Hoiberg's first season as the Chicago Bulls' coach came to such an early, such a disappointing  such a crashing and such a crushing end. But there they were tonight, in the first week of June, playing basketball in the NBA championship finals. I didn't watch any of the game, and I'm glad I didn't. I'm not much of an NBA follower  anyway, but I watched four guys outfitted in dress suits late tonight saying during a roundtable discussion on ESPN that the Cleveland Cavaliers pretty much quit in their game against the Golden State Warriors. Like I said, I didn't watch any of the game, so I don't know if the Cavaliers really quit or not. All I know is that Golden State won, 110-77 [that's a whopping 33-point difference] and now needs just two more victories to seize the title. Evidently, the Cavaliers are playing about like Pinocchio played basketball. As far as I'm concerned, the end can't come too soon. I never cared much for basketball--especially basketball played by guys making millions of dollars--as the Fourth of July gets closer.