RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Ground-Breaking

By RON MALY

This is ground-breaking business for me.

I'm planning to originate and complete a Facebook essay on this fairly-new (well, it's 5 1/2 weeks old) iPhone 6S-Plus.

I'll tell you right now. a bunch of my old press box cohorts who are now enjoying themselves with Grantland Rice and the guys at the stadium in the sky, would be saying stuff like, "Say it ain't so!" If they saw I was writing stories on my telephone.

At the moment, I'm on a road trip, the feature of which is the fifth consecutive Super Bowl party hosted by my son and daughter-in-law at their home in Woodbury, MN.

It's almost time for the kickoff in the game between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons, and the party-goers have already dug deep into the dining and drinking.

But there's still plenty of food and beverages left untouched, so no one will go home hungry or thirsty.

All of which leads me to the football game.
In the days leading up to the game, I was asked by plenty of people which team I thought would win and which team I wanted to win.

"At this stage in my life " I told a friend, "I don't care about which team I want to win as much as which team I want to lose."

"Well, which team do you want to lose," the friend asked."

"The Patriots," I answered, "because they've already won too many Super Bowls and because I don't particularly like their coach, Bill Belichick [pictured].

"He reminds me too much of a couple of coaches I had to deal with in my newspaper days."

"Sounds great to me," the friend said. "If you want the Falcons to win, so do I. As for Belichick, I don't like him either."