RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Friday, February 17, 2017

The Finest February Day Ever

By RON MALY

I'm saying without hesitation that this is the finest February day in Iowa that I can ever remember.

If it isn't the best, it will do until someone proves to me that there's been a better one.

When I checked the temperature this afternoon, if was a balmy 73. Later, it rose to an even more balmy 75,  which was a record high.

Bright sun, breeze out of the south.

Absolutely amazing on Feb. 17.

If someone were to be walking on the sidewalk along Woodland Place in West Des Moines and asked me, "Is this Heaven?" I'd say, "No, it's Iowa in February."

Believe me, I'm not letting this tremendous day go to waste.

I'm doing everything humanly possible to take advantage of the fantastic conditions that God has given us on this Friday in February.

And I hope you are, too.