RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I thought I'd have a little fun today with My Neighbor Al, the Health Nut. As usual, Al has been watching what he eats, trying to buy all the fresh fruits and vegetables at the various farmers' markets he attends each week. He stays away from beef and pork, something that doesn't make him very popular around his wife and kids at neighborhood cookouts. I saw Al sweeping out his garage early this afternoon, and mentioned to him that I'd noticed a new study on the Internet that said fruits and vegetables sometimes can sometimes make people more sick than meat. "The story said beef ranked sixth in the number of illnesses caused," I told Al. "Pork was seventh." Al thought for a few seconds. "I'm not buying that bullshit," he said. "Fruits and vegetables aren't going to clog up my arteries. Beef and pork do. I'll keep eating my salads and leave the steak and hamburger to other people. Grab a cup. Let's have some coffee."


Photo courtesy of Google.