RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Good Riddance


By RON MALY

I'm really impressed that Rick Green is moving to Cincinnati. 

Well, not really. 
Photo of Rick Green courtesy of Twitter


I wrote that as a joke. 

I can't imagine anyone wanting to move to Cincinnati. 

But I guess I'm happy Rick Green is going there because now he'll be out of Des Moines.

Permanently out of Des Moines, I hope.

Green has been the publisher of the paper here, and the parent Gannett Co. is transferring him to Cincinnati. 

Why I don't know.  

I guess it's because he did a lousy job  in Des Moines. 

That's how things are going these days in a newspaper business that's on life support. 

The parent company moves you from city to city even though the paper you're leaving is in a circulation freefall.  

Nobody is buying the paper in Des Moines, so figure that nobody will be buying the paper in Cincinnati after Green moves there. 

This is the Rick Green who identifies himself as a passionate Ohio State Buckeye fan on his Twitter account, knowing that Iowans read that crap.

What a clown.

Good riddance to Green, another Gannett flunky who is doing a superb job of killing off the newspaper business.