RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Friday, April 10, 2015

Hoiberg Will Undergo Heart Surgery At Mayo Clinic

Iowa State basketball coach Fred Hoiberg said today he will undergo  heart surgery to replace his aortic valve April 17 at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.  “After my initial surgery
to replace my aortic root 10 years ago, I knew that this was something that would need to be done at some point,” Hoiberg said in an announcement from the school. “My valve has severe regurgitation and the time has come to get it replaced. I am hopeful that this will be my last surgery and I’m looking forward to getting this behind me.” Hoiberg, who has coached the Cyclones for five seasons, has led the team to a school-record four consecutive NCAA tournament appearances and  a 115-56 record.