RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Friday, May 22, 2015

My Neighbor Al, the Health Nut came over for a cup of Italian Dark Roast early this morning. He had already read the paper at Hy-Vee, and was full of snarkiness by the time he got to my home. "I read that Daniel P. Finney, the 600-pounder at the paper, already has Type II diabetes," Al said. "With all of that fat hanging on his body, what do you suppose his blood glucose levels are?" Al asked. "I have no idea, and I really have no interest in knowing what that clown's blood sugars are," I told Al. "What's your guess?" Al said he figured Finney's blood sugars are "sky-high, and so are the complications they're having on his body." I told Al I'd prefer to talk about something else, especially early in the day. "Like what?" he asked. "Like the fact that the Chicago Cubs won again last night," I said.

Cartoon of a fat man courtesy of timtim.com