RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Music Of the Season



By RON MALY

As you likely know by now, I've got a tremendous amount of confidence in young people. 

By that, I mean young people who are in college, young people who are in high school, young people who are in junior high school,
young people who are in elementary school. 
The Singer & Her Family, Minus One

They are the future of our nation, and I have every reason to believe they will handle that future exceedingly well. 

I guess I'm especially pumped tonight because I saw and heard the Valley Southwoods Freshman High School concert band perform an hour or so ago in a holiday performance that was sensational. 

I'm proud that I had a granddaughter in the talented group. 

I've been listening to her play the clarinet since her years in the band and orchestra at Mt. Olive Lutheran School and Church in Des Moines prior to graduating to the West Des Moines school system. 

The West Des Moines schools have become famous for turning out wonderful musicians, and I fully expect a large number of the young people who performed tonight at Southwoods to go on to bigger and better things musically and otherwise in the future. 

It was an outstanding, heart-warming show on a cold December night in front of an audience made up of parents, grandparents, other relatives and friends, and now I'm really in the mood for Christmas. 

Nice going, gang. 

Great stuff.