RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Scherff Staying At Iowa for His Senior Season

Junior left offensive tackle Brandon Scherff said today he will stay at Iowa for his senior
football season in 2014.  Scherff, who was projected as a first-round choice in the next NFL draft,  is a native of Denison,and has started all 12 games this season.  He was recently named first team all-Big Ten by a vote of league coaches.“I am excited to say that I will be staying at the University of Iowa for my senior season in 2014," Scherff said in a statement emailed to me by Iowa sports information director Steve Roe.  "I am looking forward to the 2014 Outback Bowl and playing an outstanding opponent in LSU, and then working as hard as possible with my teammates to prepare for my senior year as a Hawkeye."

RON MALY'S COMMENTS--The young man has a luxury few of us get. He can wait another year until becoming a very rich guy. All I know is, I'd like to be his agent in 12 months. I just hope he doesn't break any bones in the meantime. And if he does, I hope he's a quick healer.