RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Friday, May 16, 2014

For some unknown reason, I had the ABC national news on one of my TVs, and an announcer said Barbara Walters was retiring from the TV business. I guess I thought Walters was already retired. Indeed, I guess I thought Walters wasn't even living anymore. Then I looked up Walters' age, and found out she's 84. She certainly doesn't look her age. She looks older than 84. She should be the poster-child for three or four facelift clinics. I haven't heard what Walters is planning to do in retirement. Maybe she and Kim Novak will work out something together. Being 84 means Walters may have been born even before TV was invented. Or close to it. Anyway, I'm figuring the TV business will survive without Barbara Walters. I never watched her, and I won't miss her