RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Count Me Out Of This Circus Act



By RON MALY

The most idiotic story of the 2014 professional baseball season was generated today by Theo Epstein, president of the Chicago Cubs. Epstein showed strong signs of mental instability by saying he's sending Manny Ramirez, a baseball bum who doesn't know the meaning of the word hustle, to Des Moines' Triple-A team as a player-coach. It looks to me like Epstein, whose Chicago team is the worst in the major leagues, is trying to thoroughly embarrass the people of metropolitan Des Moines who actually spend money to watch games at Sec Taylor Stadium. I also was thinking about writing that Epstein is also trying to embarrass Mike Gartner, owner of the Des Moines team. But, actually, that's impossible. Gartner has been embarrassing himself throughout his life. He's been a fool forever. I am now of the opinion that Epstein, Ramirez and Gartner deserve each other. I know I won't be getting anywhere near Sec Taylor Stadium. I've seen plenty of circuses, and I don't need to view another one.