RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

It's 7:40 a.m., and I just turned on channel 11 to see something educational. Instead, the public TV station was showing cartoons. That's been the case a lot when I have channel 11 on in the morning. Cartoons, I mean. Hey, listen, I'll remember that the next time I have to suffer through one of those weekends when the station has people sitting in the studio who are begging viewers to make financial pledges so they'll be able to continue receiving what channel 11 officials foolishly describe as first-class, in-depth TV. I'm not contributing a nickel to 'em. If I want to watch cartoons on TV early in the morning, I'll turn on channels 5, 8 and 13 to see over-the-hill announcers who couldn't make it on the 5, 6 and 10 p.m. news shows and who are in the final few months of their contracts On second thought, I'll skip that stuff, too. The thought of seeing Cynthia Fodor of channel 8 at 7:40 a.m. on a Saturday isn't very appealing either..