RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

I guess my original idea was to write that I hoped Michigan wouldn't hire the San Francisco 49ers' Jim Harbaugh as its next football coach. No collegiate football coach [and no professional coach either], I thought, was worth a six-year, $49 million contract--which figures out to a whopping $8.17 million per season. Now I've changed my mind. I hope Michigan does hire Harbaugh because I don't think he's a very good coach, and I figure he'll flop with the Wolverines, just like so many other guys have flopped at Michigan lately. Sometime in the future, Michigan will learn that Harbaugh isn't a very good coach, and it will have wasted $49 million. The way I look at it, those happenings will be what both Harbaugh and Michigan deserve. I mean, when was the last time someone from Iowa wished Michigan and its coaches any kind of success in collegiate athletics?


Jim Harbaugh