RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

COPD & Dying

By RON MALY

This doesn't come as any news to me, but I thought I'd pass it along to My Neighbor Al, the Health Nut and everyone else. The
Cleveland Clinic says approximately 80 percent of COPD deaths are caused by smoking. Just to make you aware, My Neighbor Al, the Health Nut used to smoke, but quit many years ago.  He doesn't have COPD, but I know some people who do. Most of them are on oxygen 24/7. It certainly doesn't look like a fun disease, especially when I see those commercials advertising some sort of medication that might help their lungs [pictured] function better. There's always an elephant sitting in the room, sometimes on a guy's chest. Not a pretty sight. Please quit smoking if you haven't already done so.