RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Something Tells Me TV Ratings for The Bachelor Are Taking a Nose-Dive


By RON MALY

The TV in front of me was on, and I was half asleep. 

The half of me that was alert noticed that The Bachelor was on channel 5, so I watched a few minutes of it. 
Chris Soules


I was aware that Chris Soules, the farmer from Iowa,  was the bachelor of the season, and I was also aware that the network would have a bunch of beautiful women on the show who are [maybe] interested in hooking up with Soules. 

I've heard rumors that these types of shows are scripted, so I believe very little about what I see on them. 

After the first 5 or 6 minutes of tonight's show, I began thinking about TV ratings. 

Specifically, I'm wondering if the ratings for The Bachelor are in a nose-dive.

Why? 

Because, for some reason only the people who run ABC are aware of, network late-night TV host Jimmy Kimmel was also on tonight's show.  

Consequently, I'm also wondering if the ratings for Kimmel's show are taking a crap. 

Otherwise, why would he be on The Bachelor, talking about sex 90 percent of time and generally making an ass of himself?  

I quit watching after Soules' first "date" on tonight's show. 

I liked the looks and personality of his date, a well put-together lady from Canada.  

But I'd seen enough of Soules and Kimmel.  

I'll be watching something on Public Broadcasting or the History channel the rest of the night.

Wake me up in a few weeks when Soules hands out his final rose, if indeed he does.

Then again, don't bother.