RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

'I can't say with any degree of certainty that the Bulldogs' problems can be blamed on poor recruiting, poor coaching, poor offense, poor defense or all of the above'

By RON MALY

I guess it's time for people to start wondering when, or if, Drake's men's basketball team is going to win a Missouri Valley Conference game in this 2015-2016 season. 

The Bulldogs' league record fell to 0-7 [5-14 overall] tonight in a 79-70 loss to Missouri State in front of only 2,561 fans at the Knapp Center.  

Drake was outscored, 50-31, in the last half. 

I certainly didn't think it would be this bad. 

I've lost touch with the program to the extent that I can't say with any degree of certainty that the Bulldogs' problems can be blamed on poor recruiting, poor coaching, poor offense, poor defense or all of the above. 

I'm ready to ask this question: When are people going to see some signs of competitiveness?  It's a sad situation, and I hope the powers-that-be at the university can figure it all out before the program totally collapses.