RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017



By RON MALY

Like I predicted, retired Chicago Cubs catcher David Ross came out swinging last night in his premier appearance on ABC-TV's "Dancing With the Stars."
Ross turned 40 years of age Sunday and was known as Grandpa when the Cubs won the 2016 World Series.
His dancing partner is professional Lindsay Wagner, and they scored 28 out of a possible 40 while doing a cha-cha version of the Cubs' theme song "Go Cubs Go!"
“That was one of my favorite dances of the night,” judge Carrie-Ann Inaba said.
I was doing something else and wasn't able to watch the show, but I've talked to some veteran "Dancing With the Stars" viewers and read enough stuff on the Internet to draw a few conclusions.
The fact that each of the four judges gave Ross and Wagner, dressed in Cubs uniform-type sequined outfits, an identical 7 score provided further proof to me that "Dancing With the Stars" and all of those other TV shows like it are scripted.
In other words, fixed.
And "fixed" is not a word you want to use around professional baseball.
Ask Shoeless Joe Jackson and the Chicago Black Sox about that.
I mean, how and why would all four judges give Grandpa and Wagner 7's?
I'm predicting Ross and Wagner will stay on the show only as long as ABC wants them to stay on it--regardless of how many votes they get from viewers.
When the network bosses feel and Grandpa and Wagner aren't doing the TV ratings any good, they'll be [in baseball terminology] released.
I also pretty much feel the network bosses already know who they want to win.
But what the heck, as long as Ross and Wagner keep looking good and keep bringing some game to the show, it's fun watching 'em.
People thought it was fun watching Ross's young daughter on the program, and hearing him say, “My goal is to show my kid it’s OK to try something you’re afraid of.”
Great stuff, Grandpa.