RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Al Goes Rabbit Hunting


By RON MALY


My Neighbor Al walked over for a cup of Italian Dark Dark Roast this morning.
"Did you have a good Easter?" I asked.
"So far," Al answered.

"What do you mean so far?" I asked.
"I won't know until I go to Walgreen's today to see if the Easter candy is 75 percent off like it usually is the day after the holiday." Al explained.
"Good luck on that," I asked. "Any particular type of Easter candy you're looking for?"
"Chocolate rabbits," Al answered. "I've liked 'em since I was a kid."
"Happy hunting on those rabbits," I said, "but don't waste a lot of time. Chocolate rabbits are an endangered species. Especially after Easter at Walgreen's."
"You're not telling me anything I don't know," Al said.
"If I can find more than one chocolate rabbit I'll give you one. I've.been hitting you hard on Italian Dark Roast lately, so a chocolate rabbit is the least I can do."
"Don't mention it, Al," I said. "I always enjoy your common sense, especially when it comes to shopping for chocolate ranbbits on the day after Easter."
"Pour me another cup " Al said.