RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Horribly Sad



By RON MALY

This is something that's more than sad.
It's horribly sad.
It's something that leaves me with many more questions than answers.

As the father of three sons who are in their 50s. It makes me mad as hell.
Otto Warmbier will never experience his 50th birthday.
Or his 40fh or even his 30th.
That's because Otto Warmbier died today at 22.
What makes the University of Virginia student's death so horribly sad is that he had spent 17 months in captivity In the lousy nation of North Korea, and he no doubt had been tortured in those 18 months.
I recall writing a few days that North Korea is a place that should.be blown off the map.
I haven't changed my mind.
Warmbier [pictured] was in a coma when North Korea sent him home.
You know and I know that North Korea tortured him.
I know his parents feel that way.
"Unfortunately, the awful tortuous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans ensured that no other outcome was possible...." his parents told reporters.
What North Korea did was inexcusable.
I cannot imagine what Otto Warmbier's parents are going through.
Hopefully, Trump and others in Washington will take whatever action is necessary in this horribly sad situation.