RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Kerr's Aching Back. Mine, Too


By RON MALY


Coach Steve Kerr was back on the Golden State Warriors' bench tonight when they seized a 2-0 lead over Cleveland with a 132-113 victory in the National Basketball Association championship playoffs.
Yes, folks, I know it's June, but the basketball season is still going on.
Good for Steve Kerr, who has a long history of problems with his back.

I hope he continues to demonstrate both physical and emotional strength throughout a playoff series that will end a tremendously long NBA season.
Indeed, all of us--you, me and the millions of other people worldwide experiencing back pain--should be hoping Kerr weathers the storm.
Kerr [pictured] missed Golden State's previous 11 playoff games due to ongoing complications from a 2015 back surgery that doctors evidently screwed up.
I know the feeling.
My back pain and the sciatica in my right leg associated with it have me hurting [again] right now.
Two 6-week physical therapy sessions, one 6-week water therapy session, pain pills [hydrocodone included], back surgery Sept. 1, 2016 known as a laminectomy and four cortisone injections--two near my spine and two in my right hip--have not helped much.
The only relief I got was for 5 months after one of the shots in my hip.
Now I again hurt like hell.
If Steve Kerr gets through the remainder of his team's playoff games without incident, I may try to call him and see if he'll refer me to his doctor.