RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

My New Philosophy


I was driving home in The Official Car Of This Column [that happens to be the 1989 Toyota Camry] late yesterday afternoon when it suddenly dawned on me. I already knew the Cubs had been beaten by St. Louis, 5-4, because the guy  I had coffee with told me. When I left home, the game was tied, 4-4 but I knew Chicago would lose because Chicago always loses games like that--especially when St. Louis is the opponent. Now it dawned on me that I was more interested in St. Louis losing than Chicago winning. So that is my new philosophy. I will go into every day of the major league baseball season hoping the Cardinals lose. And if the Cubs should somehow manage to win, so much the better.