RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Rutgers' official bio of new men's basketball coach Eddie Jordan says he graduated from the university in 1977. But the university registrar's office says the former NBA player and coach never received a degree from Rutgers, though he earned 103 credit hours from 1973 to 1985. A Rutgers source told ESPN that it's unknown if the school did not vet Jordan's resume, or if Jordan was not truthful about earning his degree. Jordan told ESPN that he did not receive a diploma because of a registration issue, but he did complete his school hours in 1985. Jordan finished playing at Rutgers in 1977, then returned to school to complete his degree after his NBA career ended in 1984. "Some of the professors are still around and some are gone but they all know I was in class and did my work,'' Jordan said. "There was arrogance on my part when I was told I didn't register right and then I left to (coach at) Old Dominion. I was told my classes were never recorded. I saw a transcript. I will have to find it. I was there and I completed the work. My professors that are still there know that. That's it." Jordan said he learned after his final semester that he never was officially registered. [ESPN.com].