RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

As far as I know, I have never bought a pair of shoes, a shirt or anything else that was manufactured by something called Under Armour. Furthermore, I doubt that I ever will buy anything manufactured by Under Armour unless it's on the 75 percent off table at Target or Younkers. Heck, I guess I don't even know if Target and/or Younkers carries anything from Under Armour, and I don't care. I've been fond of clothes throughout my life, and I like good stuff, but I don't buy things because a certain company manufactures them or has its labels and/or logos on them. And another thing--I won't be buying anything made by Under Armour in the future because I know it will be four or five times as expensive as it is now. The reason is that Under Armour, like Nike and adidas, has gotten into the habit of signing huge shoe and apparel contracts with collegiate athletic departments. The latest deal involves Under Armour and Notre Dame. ESPN is saying the 10-year agreement calls for Notre Dame to be receiving $90 million in cash and merchandise. You know and I know that all of Under Armour's shoes, clothing and other stuff is going to cost more in the future. The company is going to charge Joe Six-Pack additional money so it can pay Notre Dame its $90 million. Frankly, I don't care what Under Armour and Notre Dame do. I don't pay any attention at all to which sports teams wear Nike or adidas shoes and clothes. I just know I won't be buying any of the stuff. They'd all go broke if it was up to me.

-- Ron Maly

Under Armour logo courtesy of Wikipedia