RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

More Of Frasier, Less Of the Cubs

By RON MALY

I was planning to take a stab at writing something funny about how the playoff games between the Chicago Cubs and San Francisco

Giants were screwing up my late-night and early-morning sleeping habits and TV-watching.

But the only thing funny about the Cubs is how they played late in a 5-hour 4-minute baseball game that ended at 1:45 this morning.

The Cubs, who had a 2-0 lead in the best-of-five series, blew a 3-0 lead produced by a second-inning home run from pitcher Jake Arrieta, of all people.


The Chicagos played so lousy late in the game that I even flipped the channel at midnight to watch a 20-year-old re-run of a Frasier program. 


The Cubs wound up losing in 13 innings. Now we all can see why they haven't won a World Series since 1908.


Suddenly I'm not feeling good about the Cubs ending that drought. 

To keep my sanity, I may be watching more of Frasier and less of the Chicagos.