RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Who's Pitiful & Who Isn't

By RON MALY

Well, I had good intentions tonight.

I tried to split my TV time equally between the Cubs-Dodgers playoff game and the Clinton-Trump presidential debate.

But, hey, it's a heck of a lot easier keeping track of a baseball game than a debate.
At least they keep score in baseball.

In politics, it ain't so simple.

I even asked for help after the debate.

One of my favorite tell-it-like-it-is political 
analysts texted: "I don't know who won. Both of the [two clowns in the debate] were pitiful."

At least, for a change, the Cubs weren't pitiful .

After going scoreless in two consecutive games, they came out of their offensive funk and showed that they weren't dead by walloping the Dodgers, 10-2, in Game 4 of the National League playoff.

It's good to know that multi-millionaire ballplayers can actually put points on the scoreboard.

So the series is tied, 2-2, heading into tomorrow night's game at Dodger Stadium.

I feel a lot better about the Cubs' chances now that they've rediscovered how to hit the ball.

As for Clinton and Trump, well....both were pitiful tonight and will likely remain pitiful tomorrow and the next day.