RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, May 8, 2017

Well, At Least She Avoided Going To Prison



By RON MALY




I haven't heard many people talk about this, but maybe it's because I don't hang around in enough places where they discuss such topics.

It could be that you already know it, but I didn't realize that Emmanuel Macron, the new president of France, is married to a woman 25 years older than he is.
It seems like we're always hearing about 64-year-old guys being involved with 39-year old women, but this ain't that.
I mean, Macron is 39, his wife is 64!
I know, that's starting to sound like Trump's kind of stuff, but with the ages reversed.
What's more, Brigitte Trogneux, Macron's wife, was one of his high school teachers.
It seems that we hear of that kind of stuff regularly in this country, too.
But when it happens in the U.S., the teacher is sent to prison.
I learned from Mangolorean News that Macron met Trogneux in high school when he was 15. She was a 40-year-old married literature teacher and mother of three.
As the couple tells it, Mangolorean says, he pursued her doggedly, and in 11th grade convinced her to help him write a play. The work “brought us together every Friday” and “unleashed an incredible closeness,” she told reporters.
After breaking what was called shocking news of their bond to his parents—Trogneux says the moment when the relationship turned romantic will forever be their “secret”—Macron was shipped off to an elite school in Paris to finish his final year.
“You won’t get rid of me. I will come back and I will marry you,” he told her, according to Mangolorean. The distance did not break them up, and eventually Trogneux left her husband and moved to Paris.
“We’d call each other all the time and spend hours on the phone,” she said. “Bit by bit, he defeated all my resistance, in an amazing way, with patience.”
Sounds to me like that would get the teacher about 15 years in a U.S. slammer.
The young man and the older lady [pictured, courtesy of the Washington Post]] were married in 2007.
Since then, Macron's wife has been trying like heck to look younger than her 64 years.
Trying like heck to look younger doesn't just happen in France, of course. It goes on everywhere.
It's said that the old girl has had at least one facelift and she buys a lot of Botox.
All I know is that when Macron is 60, his wife will be 85.
Positive thinker that I am, I wish 'em well.