RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Friday, May 5, 2017

Happenings At the Doctor' s Office


By RON MALY


I went to see a doctor the other day.
No big deal. A routine checkup.
First the preliminary stuff.

Give 'em some blood out of the left arm. Let 'em check my blood pressure in the right arm.
Pleasant conversations with the girl doing the bloodwork and the other girl taking my blood pressure.
I'm never sure if the people doing that kind of work are nurses or technicians. That's why I refer to them as girls.
Guys my age are permitted to do that.
Usually those procedures are performed separately in a doctor's office.
Not this time.
There I was, sitting on the table with one girl dealing with the blood pressure cuff on my right arm, the other girl taking blood out of my left arm.
At the same time.
Suddenly the girl doing the bloodwork asks me, "How long have you had curly hair?"
"As far as I know, since the day I was born," I replied.
"I wish I had curly hair," the girl said.
My conversation with the doctor went well, too.