RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

No Cartwheels Yet

 By RON MALY

 

The guy who had X-rays of his sacroiliac and a few other areas on the right side of his body got back to me over the weekend.

 

He said the X-rays showed that a large part of the leg, probably including his sacroiliac, is filled with arthritis.


"So the doctor gave me a shot of cortisone," he said.


"Did the shot do any good?" I asked. "I've heard that some people who get shots for pain hurt more after the shots than before."


"Well, I'm not thinking about skateboarding down the street in front of my house, or doing cartwheels on Polk Boulevard," the guy said. "But I maybe feel a little bit of improvement."


"Good," I said.  "And I'm glad you're continuing to bleed Medicare for cortisone injections, surgery, physical therapy and water therapy.

"At the rate you're going, Medicare will be broke by New Year's Day."


I don't think the guy thought that was funny.