RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Even Trump Has a Sacroiliac

By RON MALY

 

I talked to a guy who tells me he had his sacroiliac X-rayed the other day.

 

That's right, his sacroiliac. 

 

Not just one sacroiliac. 

 

Both of 'em.

 

The only other time I'd heard anyone  say something about his sacroliac was when a comedian--Jack Benny, Johnny Carson or somebody--mentioned it years ago on the radio or TV.

 

"Are you feeding me a line of crap or do you and everyone else, including Trump, really have a sacroiliac?" I asked the guy.

 

 "Actually, all of us have two sacroiliac joints--one on the right side of the body and one on the left side," the guy said. "Men have 'em and women have 'em."

 

 "How do you know that?" I asked.

 

"Because the lady who X-rayed me told me so," the guy said. "And I believed her. She said she graduated 27 years ago from X-ray school in Ottumwa. That was good enough for me.

 

"She said the doctor wanted her to X-ray both my right and left  sacroiliac joints so a comparison of the two could be made. My doctor is trying to figure out why my right leg hurts like hell every time I take a step, and why I'm not sleeping well. Sometimes I wake up in pain at 3:30 in the morning."

 

I wanted to make sure the guy knew what he was talking about before I wrote this. So I looked it up on the Internet about sacroiliac joints. I found a picture of one, and it's kind of homely-looking.

 

It said, "Sacroiliac joint pain involves the joints between the spine and the pelvis....Common symptoms [of sacroiliac trouble] include lower back pain, buttocks pain, sciatic leg pain, groin pain, hip pain, urinary frequency, and transient numbness, prickling, or tingling."

 

That's more than  I needed to know.

 

I checked today with the guy to see if the pictures done by the graduate of X-ray school in Ottumwa showed that he had a bad sacroiliac or two.

 

"I haven't heard yet," he said. "I'll get back to you when I find out."