RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I first got to know Harry Burrus many years ago in my newspaper years when he was an outstanding amateur tennis player. But tennis was only one of his talents. Burrus is a former Iowan who was, and is, a writer. He has authored eight books of poetry, seven plays, a book of fiction and a screenplay. He e-mailed me last week, informing me his new book of poetry, Layers, would be arriving at my home today. He was correct. A UPS truck pulled up to the curb across the street, and the driver walked through the rain to drop off a package. Fortunately, he put it in the space between my two front doors. That way, it didn't get wet in the constant rain that has been falling today. I plan to e-mail Burrus now to tell him Layers has arrived. I'm eager to read it.