RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I've pretty much promised myself that I won't be wasting any time watching on TV as the Chicago Cubs spend another season losing game after game. Once in a while, though, I'll weaken and check on another defeat on either WGN-TV or Comcast/Chicago. That's what happened last night. I watched several innings of the Cubs' game at Cincinnati. Naturally, they blew a 2-0 lead, then were 2-2 until I quit watching in the 11th inning. I took one last late-night look at the goings-on around the nation on my computer, and saw that the Cubs took a 4-2 lead in the top of the 13th. A chance for a rare Cubs victory, I figured. Wrong. Some knucklehead pitcher who should be in the Midwest League gave up three runs in the bottom of the 13th, and Cincinnati won, 5-4. Obviously, the Cubs are again a horrible team. They're in last place in the National League Central, and may be the worst team in baseball. That Theo Epstein rebuilding job in Chicago is sure working out, isn't it?

Naster [oh, sure!] rebuilder Theo Epstein