RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Try to not let this get around, but I guess I'm suddenly a Michigan fan. At least for a couple more days. Hey, you didn't think I'd be rooting for an all-Big East championship game Monday night in the NCAA Final Four basketball tournament at Atlanta, did you? Michigan of the Big Ten prevented that from happening Saturday night by getting past Syracuse, 61-56. I guess I'm tired of hearing about how good Syracuse's zone defense was, and evidently so was Michigan. The Wolverines didn't it bother them on their way to their 31st victory of the season. So it'll be Michigan against Louisville in Monday ngiht's title game. The Cardinals got past Wichita State, the team I picked to win the championship, 72-68. A sad finish to the Wichita State-Louisville game, that's what it was. Sad that Wichita State couldn't quite get the job done after blowing a 12-point lead. I realize I'm the only guy in America [other than Wichita State's players and coaches] who thought the Shockers would win. And they didn't win, but they gave Louisville a heck of a battle before yielding. Indeed, they handled most of Louisville's starting players most of the night, but couldn't control the reserves. I mean, who in the name of James Naismith is Luke Hancock, the guy who came off the bench and scored 20 points for Louisville. In the end, Wichita State buckled under Louisville's pressure defense, forcing the Shockers into mistakes they didn't make early in the game while building a 12-point game. Tough way for Gregg Marshall and the Shockers of the Missouri Valley Conference to end a 30-9 season.