RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I just got off the phone with my neighbor Al, the health nut. "I've got some bad news for you, Ron," Al said. "What's up?" I asked. "Your friend Jack Pardee died yesterday," Al said. "Where'd you hear that?" I asked. "On the Internet," Al said. "I remember when you used to write newspaper stories about him." I wrote about Pardee becuase he was a native Iowan. He was born in Exira, a community of fewer than 1,000 people. He moved to Texas with his family when he was a teenager. I recall Jack as being a very cordial guy whenever I visited with him. He died of cancer just two weeks before his 77th birthday. Pardee was a linebacker at Texas A&M, and was the only guy to be a head coach in collegiate football, the NFL, the U.S. Football League, the World Football League and the Canadian League

Native Iowan Jack Pardee. Photo courtesy of Google.