RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Good for Iowa's basketball team. The Hawkeyes ended a three-game losing streak today with an 83-76 victory over Purdue that My Neighbor Al, the Health Nut said wasn't any too pretty. But Al is a UNI fan, so sometimes I don't pay any attention to what he says about Iowa. I had told Al a couple of days ago that I bought some containers of cappuccino and expresso at Hy-Vee, and that he should come over for a cup or two of each. Al brought his wife Diane, and we all had a good conversation.early this afternoon. And good cappuccino and expresso, too. As cold as it was, cappuccino and expresso were good for what ails you. And for me, too. It turned out I didn't see a minute of the Iowa-Purdue game on the tube. I began watching something on the History channel, and didn't want to switch channels. Al phoned me later to say both Iowa and Purdue looked tired emotionally and physically. 'Iowa was playing it's fourth game in eight days,' Al said. He probably heard the announcer say it. 'So what?' I answered. 'Those players are 19, 20 and 21 years of age. Playing four games in eight days should be no problem for them. They should be able to do that in their sleep. I know I could've played four basketball games in eight days when I was that age. For all I know, maybe I still can. Those guys are in the best physical condition they'll ever be in throughout their lives. Don't give me that 'worn--out' crap.' All I can say is I'm glad Iowa played Purdue today. Anytime you're having trouble in the Big Ten in either basketball or football, it's good to have awful old Purdue on the schedule.