RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

I received a message on Facebook from my friend Jay Davidson, who wondered if I had read what he wrote about the Chicago Cubs. Jay sent his message that after seeing what I wrote yesterday about the Cubs, who are a sorry excuse for a major league baseball team. I told Jay that I'd been searching for what he wrote about the Cubs, but that I hadn't found it yet, and hopefully he would send me a copy of his text. I'm sure it was a thoughtful, extremely well-written post by a man who is a talented wordsmith. I also mentioned to Jay that, the way I'm looking at it, the Cubs are setting me up for a very pleasant May, June, July, August and September. Because I won't have to waste any time at all watching the Cubs play on TV, I'll be able to accomplish some meaningful things. Hopefully, those things won't include falling off the official bicycle of this column or going to Sec Taylor Stadium for anything.

Jay Davidson