RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mike Takes a Dive


By RON MALY

I'm on the road today, but that doesn't mean I'm not keeping up with what's going on back home. My Neighbor Al, the Health Nut, and his wife Diane have my mobile phone number, and they check in with me whenever they think something happens that I need to know. Indeed, Diane called me today, and wondered if I'd heard about Our Neighbor Mike. "I haven't heard a thing about Mike," I said. "What happened, did he get a promotion at the copier place or something?" "No, nothing like that," Diane answered. "It's worse. Mike fell on the ground in his backyard, broke his shoulder in four places, and the doctors already have given him a new shoulder."  "Wow, thanks for telling me, Diane, but I really feel sorry for Mike," I said. "He's not that old of a guy to be needing a new shoulder already.  I think he's only about 54." "You're right about that," Diane  said. " There's just one problem with this whole thing. Now that Al heard about Mike's new shoulder, he wants one, too." Doesn't surprise me at all. He didn't get the name Al, the Health Nut by accident.