RON MALY HAS BEEN WATCHING THE PARADE GO BY FOR A LONG TIME. THIS IS ONE OF HIS WEBSITES.

Monday, February 3, 2014

I've been looking at the news accounts of yesterday's much-less-than-dramatic Super Bowl football game. Not a whole lot, though. There's a limit to my interest in the NFL. I mean, I don't watch parts of any games until about December. Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning didn't like it when a reporter asked him if the 43-8 loss to Seattle was embarrassing. "It's not embarrassing at all," the future Hall Of Famer said. "The word 'embarrassing' is an insulting word, to tell you the truth." Manning has been around football a long time, and should be more thick-skinned that that. Indeed, he was embarrassing and so was the rest of his team in a game that had was about as one-sided as it could get. The best thing about it as far as I was concerned was that I could get on to the more important things in my life by the time the halftime show began. Heck, the commercials weren't even as good in the last two quarters as they are in most Super Bowl games. Maybe if Manning doesn't like the word 'embarrassing,' he should find another line of work. I'm pretty sure there will be a few network announcing jobs open next season. Perhaps the guy can even keep his nice moonlighting gig, which calls for him to drive nice cars in the Buick commercials on TV.


Courtesy of Google